For so long I labelled food “good” or “bad.” I gave food a type of power that I either feared or loved. In my recovery from eating disorder, I have come to understand food is just food.
In a declaration of putting the fun back into food, I will share some great recipes that my friends always ask me if to share.
So, here’s one of my veggie faves. I have taken a delish recipe from cooking.nytimes and added on to some additional love to make it even more scrumptious!
- 1 pint brussels sprouts (about a pound)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to coat bottom of pan
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
My little twist is, well two things actually:
- Cut up 5 pieces of your favorite bacon and fry while Brussel sprouts are in the oven.Add along with the balsamic vinegar.
- Make sure your balsamic vinegar is the good Italian thick style–it really makes a difference.
- Sprinkle over some red pepper flakes
- Option: cook in the bacon fat left over from #1 tip
This recipe is perfect as a veggie portion (yes, bacon included 😉 )
If you have a delicious recipe that you want to share, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org